Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Time to Kill

A Time to Kill...soooooo good. I remember having the biggest crush on Jake Brigance/Matthew McConaughey back in high school. Had a girly crush on Ashley Judd, too---how she managed to look beautiful with all that humidity is ridiculous.

McConaughey and Bullock

That movie takes me back to all those pages of legal briefs that I had to do during the early college years. What was funny was that I actually enjoyed doing them. Do I remember any of those cases today? Hardly.

I remember that it took me awhile to like my obnoxious, narcissist of a professor and yes, I did have something to prove. Don’t put a little 19-year-old kid on the spot just because she made the wrong choice of wearing a short skirt at the first day of class. I don’t remember him picking on the nerdy Asian kids (FYI, I was the “real” nerdy Asian kid. The ones he left alone were smoking before and after class, looking all cool and nonverbal with their baggy clothes). I just happened to work retail and usually would head to work after classes. Unfortunately, before I knew better, I did think tight, short, and heels were the way to go. Besides, I thought I was dressed for the part. I mean, don’t lawyers always go with the short skirt-and-heels combo? Haha. Anyway, the best part of that class was enjoying the impressed look on my professor’s face when he realized that I turned in some pretty decent papers. Grade: A+. Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment